The CBSE topper, Sukriti Gupta has bagged the number one position with flying colours. She has scored 99.04 per cent in the exam.
Talking to India Today Education team, Sukriti's cousin, Neha Agarwal, says, "I'm very proud of her. I am glad that she has achieved the number one rank in All India Results."
Who is Sukriti?
- She studied at Mont Fort school, Ashok Vihar
- Her father is an IAS officer
- She is an National Talent Search Exam, NTSE, scholar
- She is taking JEE Main exam and other competitive exams this year.
Words of appreciation from her proud father, Rakesh Gupta:
- "She has been a bright student all along, we were expecting her to score well"
- "It is all her sheer hard-work, which earned her the title of all India topper."
What's her Success Mantra?
- "Sukriti didn't miss a single class, she is a very punctual students," says her father
- "She has been skipping holidays for last two year, just to prepare the best for the boards"
- "Nowadays, coaching plays a vital role in shaping student's knowledge and skills, " he said.
This year, the girls have surpassed boys with the pass percentage of 88.58, while the boys have scored 78.85 percentage.
Over all pass percentage of Thiruvanathapuram region is 97.61, which is the highest as compared to other regions, followed by Chennai which is 92.63 per cent. (Click here to check the results)
The CBSE results were declared ahead of time. Earlier, the board was supposed to declare the results at 12 noon, but the results were released around 10 am.
In order to check the results, the candidates should visit the official website and click on the link 'CBSE Class 12 Results 2016'. Thereafter, the candidates should enter their roll numbers and name of the school. After submitting the same, the results will appear on the screen.
Also, the candidates can access the results through SMS and IVRS. This year, a total of 1065179 candidates were registered for the Class 12 examination.